All cruises in Halong Bay must have permission from Quang Ninh Local Port Authority to stay overnight in the Bay.
Based on the weather conditions (high winds, monsoon, thunderstorm, cyclone, storm,...), Quang Ninh Local Port Authority has the right to cancel all the cruises on D-day to guarantee the safety of tourists.
In those cases, following policies will be applied:
- If the cancellation happens before you leave Hanoi (you have not used any service yet): 100% refund.
- If the cancellation happens during the trip (you have already used some services: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel in Halong,...): Only the fee of these services will be charged and we will refund you the whole remain amount
- If the trip is cut down from 3 days/2 nights to 2 days/1 night, we will charge as 2 days/1 night trip, including other services you have already used, and refund the remain amount.
- All the cruises in Halong Bay must have permission from Quang Ninh Local Port Authority to stay overnight in the Bay.
- The cancellation is announced ONLY by Quang Ninh Local Port Authority and often in short notice of time. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you can understand.
- The period from May to July is the storm season in Halong Bay. There are many unpredictable weather conditions. Hence, more cruises will be cancelled with short notice during this season.
- Please contact our consultants directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you the best we can!
If you haven’t entered the 35th week of your pregnancy by the beginning of the cruise, you are welcome on board. Please advise us how far your pregnancy is and confirm that you are in good health and are not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. Also, please inform us of the status of your pregnancy so that we can take a good care of you. We strongly recommend you to review your health insurance coverage before the cruise.
Halong bay has a humid tropical climate. There are however four seasons in the North. Winter lasts from December to March; temperatures can drop down to 12°C-17°C. Summer is from May until September, mostly sunny but rain showers are frequent as the humidity is higher. Spring and Autumn are nicely warm, October to early December being the best time to visit the area. Travellers to Vietnam and Halong Bay should be aware that the weather is rather unpredictable and can vary greatly even within one single day. However, there is charm and enchantment whether rain or shine: overcast weather and fog make the scenery more mysical and dramatic, bright sun accentuates the various shades of grey of the seascape, etc.
No dress code is imposed onboard Paloma boats. We advise you to take light garments in Summer, sweaters and/or a jacket in Winter as it can get pretty chilly, especially at night. A raincoat will be useful any time of the year. If you intend to do kayaking, plan to have a change of clothes as you will easily get wet. As for shoes, choose what is appropriate according to the temperatures and bring along trainers/walking shoes for the excursions (visiting caves, hiking, cycling, etc.). Don’t forget your swimsuit!
Paloma Cruises sets sails from a pier housing less than 10% of the cruise companies in Halong Bay. Our boats are navigating on more peaceful waters as the majority of the Halong cruisers take a completely different route. We try to provide a good balance between leisurely cruising away from the crowd and visiting to the major landmarks of the Bay so that our guest wouldn't miss anything of this fantastic area.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions that we should know about please inform us. There is also a doctor on call and The Paloma carries standard first aid equipment. Please ensure you have adequate medical and travel insurance .