Transport to Quang Ninh by road and bus.
- Ha Noi – Hai Duong – Ha Long: 170 km This is the most convenient route (without passing by ferry):
- Ha Noi – Hai Duong City: 55 km – Hai Duong – Sao Ðo Town: 25 km – Sao Ðo Town – Ðong Trieu Town: 20 km – Ðong Trieu Town – Uong Bi: 30 km – Uong Bi – Ha Long City: 40 km Ha Noi – Hai Duong – Hai Phong – Quang Yen – Ha Long: 163 km. This road passes from Hai Phong to Ha Long City. This route crosses two ferries: the Binh Ferry in Hai Phong and Rung Ferry in Quang Yen.
- Ha Noi – Hai Duong: 55 km – Hai Duong – Hai Phong: 48 km – Hai Phong – Quang Yen: 20 km – Quang Yen – Ha Long City: 40 km Ha Noi – Bac Ninh – Ha Long: 155 km. This is the shortest land route from Ha Noi to Ha Long. This route has just been upgraded. It is very convenient for transportation.
- Ha Noi – Bac Ninh: 30 km – Bac Ninh – Pha Lai: 25 km – Pha Lai – Ðong Trieu: 30 km – Ðong Trieu – Uong Bi: 30 km – Uong Bi – Ha Long City: 40 km
- Mong Cai – Ha Long: 180 km From Mong Cai go along National Highway No.4B via Hai Ha, Đam Ha then take National Highway No.18B through Cua Ong, Cam Pha, Hon Gai to Bai Chay.
Public Bus In Bai Chay (Ha Long): Bai Chay Bus Station (Tel: +84-333 846 416) is close to the Bai Chay Post Office. Buses leave from Bai Chay daily for Hai Phong, Ha Noi, Ða Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang and other provinces. Air-con minibuses depart daily from Bai Chay Station to Kim Ma (every 15 minutes) and Ðong Trieu (every 20 minutes). In Ha Noi Minibuses daily depart from Kim Ma Bus Station (Tel: +84-43 845 2846) to Bai Chay (every 15 minutes). It takes 3 hours and 30 minutes, and costs 50,000 VND.